These life saving medicines, drugs and healthcare products need to have the utmost care and protection during their journey from the manufacture to the consumer.
Strict industry standards apply to pharmaceutical packaging. Medica Packaging hold the industry leading accreditations to ensure your packaging is manufactured to the highest standards.
Certificates Medica Packaging hold:
· PS 9000:2016 – Pharmaceutical Packaging Materials
· BPIF (The British Industries Federation) – provides support and accreditations for UK businesses within the printing industry
· ISO 14001 – we have implemented and maintain an environmental management system that we use to enhance our environmental performance:
– ISO 9001:2015 – Quality management system
– ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational health and safety management system
– ISO 14001:2015 – Certifications for an environmental management system
· PEFC Certification (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) – we promote sustainability forest management and is the certification that most small forest owners prefer.
· FSC Certification (Forest Stewardship Council) – this certification ensures that our products come from responsibly manged forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
Why is secondary packaging so important?
Professional packaging is essential to maintain the quality of the medicine or healthcare product. The packaging protects the contents from not only physical damage but also biological degradation. Sensitive drugs need protection from light, water, and other substances.
Choosing the right material for you packaging?
Safety and quality are the two key factors when choosing the packaging for your drugs.
The packaging material must be able to act as a moisture barrier, light barrier and deter chemical reactions. Did you know that exposure to air can lead to changes in the physical, chemical and biological features if the product.
At Medica Packaging we work with you to choose the best packaging solution for your product and also ensure the design and appearance fits perfectly within your brand identity.
To find out more about our packaging solution please can get in touch to discuss with our experienced team: Contact us.